We are proud to be the heart of a vibrant, involved, informed and energised community who work together with a shared focus on learners’ achievement of quality standards and the Sunshine Seven.
At Sunshine we welcome, value and support parents and carers to be actively engaged in your child’s learning and development. We cultivate great collaborative partnerships with parents, carers and the community, to support improved learning opportunities and outcomes for all our Sunshine learners.
Some of the myriad of ways we connect with parents:
- Our qualified staff provide parenting workshops in our school wide Glasser (Choice Theory) approach to Behaviour Management.
- Teaching staff share their expertise with parents by delivering sessions in priority areas of learning, such as reading, spelling and maths.
- Teachers host class information sessions and individual meetings for parents.
- Parent /carer support with swimming, excursions and sports events such as the Jogathon, Cross Country, sports days.
- We welcome parents to volunteer in our friendly tuckshop –The Sunshine Café.
- Parents contribute to our permaculture garden through engaging in community and learner working groups.
- Parents can offer valuable assistance with school community events.
- Monthly P&C meetings.
- We offer Student Protection Training for parents.